For my 30th birthday I got the new iPad (aka an iPad, why they just didn’t call it the iPad 3, I don’t know).
After a few days playing with it and already owning an iPhone, these are my top 10 iPad apps: (note that this list is for iPad, they are also available for iPhone and most of them for Android.)
- Facebook. The one from Facebook is pretty good. I only miss a share button to share stories.
- Twitter. I haven’t found a free alternative yet, so for now the one from Twitter itself should do.
- Pulse. A great free news reader. You can also include your Twitter and Facebook feed, although I don’t find the way they display it very intuitive. You can also add your Google Reader feeds, but there is a Mark all as read button missing to make is usable for that.
- FeeddlerRSS. This is an awesome RSS reader to use with your Google Reader. There is a free and paying version.
- Pinterest. Greatly optimised for iPad.
- Gmail. The Mail app from Apple works ok, but the Gmail app from Google just works better.
- Dropbox. About the only way of sharing files between different non-Apple devices.
- WordPress. When you have a WordPress blog or site and want to keep track of your comments or post a new blogpost on the go, this is a must-have.
- Jasmine. Since Apple removed the never-updated Youtube app in iOS 6, this is a great alternative. You can download the Youtube app standalone now, but it’s not iPad optimised.
- Analytics. To keep up with your Google analytics, this is a great app. Both free and Pro versions available.
There are quite a few more apps I use, but these a the favourites.
I’m still looking for a few good free or almost free games…