Since my Samsung E720 was in repair, I need a temprary phone just to bridge that repair-time. So I was looking for something cheap, that would just to the basic things like,… well calling, getting called and text-messaging. 😀
I chose the Sony Ericsson J200i, because, it was a small phone, it costed only € 99 at the time and I hadn’t had a Sony Ericsson before, so this gave me the chance to test the brand.
A few pro’s:
- Good sound quality.
- Ringtones can be set quite loud, which is handy when outdoors.
- Long autonomy when in standby.
I know not much, but the thing does what it should, some downsides though:
- You can upload and download images and ringtones, but not your SMSes. So no backing up.
- No indication if you missed a call or received a message but didn’t hear the ring, without activating the screen. A led would be nice.
- The joystick can be quite tricky.
- You better be a slow texter, because it can’t keep up with you otherwise.